The Thomas-Throop House :: Harry Ridgeway, Architect
Built in 1886, the property, which may have been built on spec, was purchased by Amos G. Throop in 1888. Mr. Throop was the founder of Caltech, formerly known as Throop Polytechnic Institute, and was one of Pasadena’s most beloved and accomplished citizens. In 1905, the house was moved to its present location on the south side of Locke Haven.
Thoughtfully designed by pioneer Pasadena architect, Harry Ridgeway, the house was probably Queen Anne Victorian but with notable Craftsman features. The house has been owned by many prominent Pasadena citizens and has been thoughtfully updated and improved through the years. There is an oversized two car garage and a lovely pool.